Faster, personal cloud
Manage media and data, and backup your devices to DS216j with a powerful, all-in-one solution, delivering fast data transfer performance, DS216j is designed for cool and efficient operation with extremely low power consumption. The noise dampening design fits perfectly anywhere.
Easy file access with
Access files on your Synology NAS over the Internet without the hassle of setting up port forwarding rules, DDNS, or other complicated network settings. QuickConnect allows you to connect via a simple customizable address (e.g. https://customID.quickconnect.to), so that you can instantly access media and work files on any Windows/Mac/Linux computer, laptop, or mobile device without charge.
Seamless integration with your mobile devices
Synology mobile applications are designed to allow quick and secure access to your data wherever you are.
Disk mirroring for redundancy
With the support for RAID 0/1, JBOD, and two basic volumes, users can easily choose among RAID1, RAID0, or JBOD for additional security, improved performance, providing more flexible storage options to suit individual needs.
* CPU Model: Marvell Armada 385 88F6820
* CPU Architecture: 32-bit
* CPU Frequency: Dual Core 1.0 GHz
* System Memory: 512 MB DDR3
* Drive Bays: 2
* Compatible Drive Type* (See all supported drives)
- 3.5" SATA HDD
- 2.5" SATA HDD (with optional 2.5" Disk Holder)
- 2.5" SATA SSD (with optional 2.5" Disk Holder)
* Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 24 TB (12 TB drive x 2) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
* Maximum Single Volume Size: 16 TB
* RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port: 1
* USB 3.0 Port: 2
* Fan Speed Mode:
- Full-Speed Mode
- Cool Mode
- Quiet Mode
- Low-power Mode
* Warranty: 5 Years